Friday, August 13, 2010

A Surprise Vow Renewal 25th Anniversary - Rockford Event Photographer

Several months ago I was contacted by Tiffany regarding covering her parents 25th Wedding Anniversary Party. This was an honor, as I grew up in Kishwaukee Baptist Church in Rockford, Illinois where her dad, David McDaniel is the pastor.

She mentioned a few details and that they were planning on surprising their parents with a vow renewal ceremony. I was in awe, wondering how the children were going to pull this off, without someone spilling the beans. As far as Pastor & Tammy knew, they were having an open house celebrating their anniversary.


The party was held at the beautiful Briggs Mansion in Rockford. 

Tammy had her wedding dress on display in the Bride's room upstairs. It looks like it just fit right in!

Tammy's mother made the cake for them.

In order to set up for the ceremony, I was told to take them outside to take pictures of just the two of them. Not only was I taking pictures, but asking tons of questions about how Dave proposed, their wedding, where they went on a honeymoon. I was nervous just holding them outside.

Tiffany came out to bring them inside (and rescue me) and they both were surprised.

After 25 years, alongside their children, they renewed their vows.

Congratulations to Pastor David & Tammy on 25 years and a renewal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment